Manufacturing Associate (TEMPORARY)Location Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Schedule NotesPositions may be 5 x 8 hour shift, 4 x 10 hour shift, 3 x 12 and 4x12 hour shift. Manufacturing operations are 24/7, so this requires multiple off shift coverage. Candidates need to be open to work any shift. Shifts will be discussed at interviews. Please note candidates will receive weighted overtime for the 2nd shift (10% extra) and the 3rd shift (15% extra). Manufacturing Associates must have a degree or 1-2 years of manufacturing experience and the pay rate is firm at (USD)22.75 for all candidates to ensure internal pay equity.
- Operate large scale bioprocess equipment for the Cell Culture and Purification operations.
- Prepare Buffer and Media solutions.
- Perform all aspects of processing: preparation of equipment, disassembling equipment, assembling process equipment, perform CIP and SIP of equipment, perform pressure tests of equipment, perform I Testing of filters, calibration and use of analytical equipment.
- Display competency with process equipment and automated control systems
- Knowledge of biotech manufacturing process and equipment including cell culture, depth and tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation and/or buffer and media operations.
- Proficiency with compliance; adherence to standard operating procedures, batch record, good documentation practices and data capturing
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of physical movements maybe used on a daily basis: bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling and making numerous equipment connections using hands.
- Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense, push and/or pull items with an average weight of 25 pounds.
- May require work around loud equipment.
- The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
- Requires various shift based work and off hours
- Strong communication skills—verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment which includes good conflict resolution and collaboration
- Displays good initiative to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in science related area or engineering
• Associate’s degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 2+ years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.