Manager, Sales & Operations PlanningLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Manager, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
The Manager, Sales & Operations Planning is responsible for the administration and continuous improvement of the global S&OP process. This role will lead scenario planning in a multi-site production environment, oversee Clinical and Commercial Demand Planning and Long Range Planning, and play a major role defining and recommending solutions to key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Design the format and goals of the S&OP meetings, including pre-meeting preparation, agenda, required participants, escalation and resolution process, and expected outcomes.
- Define the compliance and continuous improvement requirements to ensure the continued adoption and success of the process.
- Work with stakeholders in Supply Chain, Business Enterprise Applications, Finance, CommOps and R&D in supporting technology solutions that can support current and future S&OP needs, including scenario planning capabilities.
- Manage Commercial and Clinical Demand Planning process, ensuring that stakeholders have timely visibility to historical, projected, and potential (upside/downside) forecast information.
- Work with project teams to identify gaps and process improvements based on the company’s needs and culture, generate current and future state process maps, develop SOP’s and work instructions, and provide process improvement training.
- Mitigate risk through development of effective contingency demand and supply plans.
- Develop, track, and maintain relevant, effective performance metrics related to supply chain effectiveness; Initiate appropriate action plans for metrics below expectations.
- Become an integral contributor to the Global Supply Chain Team. Lead assigned Demand and Supply Reviews, and Sales & Operations Meetings.
- Bachelors in science, engineering or supply chain related major required
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP), or equivalent experience desirable
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and MSProject software required
- Proficient in Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ direct experience with S&OP, scenario planning and financial planning required, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing organization
- Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Capacity Planning, Master Production Scheduling, Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Material Resource Planning, and Inventory Management experience required
- Working knowledge of current GMP/GCP regulations required
- Clinical and commercial demand and supply planning experience highly desirable; Experience supporting new product launches preferred
- Experience in ERP systems required
- Experience leading project teams with a proven ability to lead change and influence activities across the Company
- Creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable and effective working indirectly through others
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and good working knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and have strong data analysis, problem solving, and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to work with all organizational levels and work effectively in a team environment, superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated examples of a high level of personal initiative and ability to function autonomously with a strong sense of urgency, self-confidence, and comfort with new and rapidly changing situations and environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.