Manager, Communications and EngagementLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are looking for a skilled, Manager of Communications and Engagement who will oversee the Novato Site internal communications, change management, and engagement strategies. You will directly contribute to the success of the Novato operations site in our mission of producingtherapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases. This role reports through Business Operations and supports allthe local Make – Assess – Release functions.
Reporting directly to the head of Business Operations, theManager of Communications and Engagement will directly support the integration of our Novato Sitestrategic activities into the organization through the development of key messaging, change management deployment, and key employee experience activities. The Manager of Communications and Engagement plays a key role in creating an excellent employee experience at Novato Site.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and lead Novato Siteinternal communications strategy linked to the site goals, TOPS objectives, and overarchingdirection of the organization.
- SupportNovato Site key initiatives with communication and change management support.
- Oversee the Novato Site Engagement and Communications team.
- Support alignment and content of communications to the Novato organization.
- Work with business areas or project teams to provide change management coaching, consulting, and serve as a primary change manager for cross-functional changes and projects, as needed.
- Serve as communications support to the Novato Leadership Team.
- Help with the design and message for key leadership meetings, as needed.
- Work closely with TOPS Communications and global communication teams to develop 3-5 year plan forNovato internalengagement.
- Develop and lead campaigns to build pride, engagement, and commitment amongNovato Site employee base,involving a broad and creative range of activation approaches from digital media to employeeforums.
- Support incorporating issues and crisis communication preparedness into internal communications efforts, ensuringNovato Site awareness.
- Oversee management of evolving content, channels, and storytelling techniques.
- SupportNovato Siteevents and meetings for employees (such as Town Halls and Ask Me Anything sessions).
- Drive the effort to measure impact and effectiveness of internal engagement to informpractices and process improvement.
- Proactively research, learn and apply best practices to change management techniques and tools.
- BS/BA degree required. Advanced degree in communications preferred.
- 3-5 plus years business experience, preferably with exposure to corporate communications environment.
- Excellent communication, organization and analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups and skilled in leading people through business change.
- Experience in public speaking and leadership/motivation roles is preferred
- Ability to work independently, contribute in teams and lead teams.
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to interact effectively and have influence across various departments and all levels in the company
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.