Maintenance Mechanic 2 (Swing Shift)Location Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Provide a high level of skill in at least two mechanical disciplines. Provide solutions to facility operation and maintenance situations. Execute facility repair projects in a timely and professional manner. Provide overall support for GMP facilities operation. Major Responsibilities Responsible for the operation and preventive maintenance (per SOP requirements) of all purified water systems (RO, DI, WFI) and associated equipment, pure steam generators, plant steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, chillers, HVAC units, and associated equipment, hot HVAC water boilers, and other miscellaneous equipment that supports the manufacturing facilities. Ensure all utility systems and utility sub-systems at BioMarin are operated and maintained in the following manner.
• Execute PM and general work orders, i.e., hands on position (approximately 80%). Ensure all assigned PM’s and WO’s are completed in a timely manner.
• Identify mechanical malfunctions and implement corrective actions.
• Complete daily planned inspections of facilities equipment and services.
• Complete Shift Transition Log to assure adequate review of alarms or other operating conditions or instructions.
• Suggest improvements to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of equipment and process control systems.
• Coordinate with outside contractors as necessary. Assure contractor compliance with EH&S requirements (waste disposal, hot work permits, confined space, LOTO, etc. and Contractor Technical Certifications program).
• Train other mechanics for mechanical repair and maintenance in your areas of expertise.
• Initiate SARs.
• Participate on the BioMarin Emergency Response Team (BERT).
• Participate in projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Communicate with FAC/MFG what is going on in with the facilities equipment sending utilities update on a daily basis.
Education/Experience BS with 1-2 years’ experience. High school diploma with 5+ years’ experience.
EOE/AA Employer/Vets/Disability Rare Opportunities. Personal Impact
Maintenance Mechanic 2 will work cross-functionally with Instrumentation, Engineering, Compliance, EHS&S, Automation, Validation, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Reliability, and Maintenance as part of routine activities.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 64,100 to $ 96,100 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.