Learning Community Manager, Business OperationsLocation Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Effective training programs are critical in a regulated manufacturing business and this position plays an essential role in ensuring employees continue to build skills that will enable them to be successful and continue their professional development.
This position is a dynamic position that requires a high degree of professional and collaborative interaction and an innovative spirit. The Learning Community Manager will be accountable for helping facilitate and build a community of engaged learners at BioMarin.
Tasked with the design, development, and delivery of professional development opportunities, key objectives of the role include:
• Develop and implement scalable learning-professional "community" through the development of programs and resources to facilitate continuous learning.
• Partner with key departments/ key stakeholders and provide support for employee capability building initiatives.
• Build a learning organization which attracts top talent as a place to come and grow through best-in-class, unique and memorable experiences ranging from on-boarding through development.
• Design, manage, and implement technical training, onboarding, learning and development programs and projects.
• Programme ownership includes Novato site New Hire Orientation, New Hire Training for Manufacturing, Global MSAT, California Facilities and Engineering, Material Operations, Business Operations, Train the Trainer, and various form of knowledge sharing including Lunch & Learn sessions.
• Maintain working knowledge of best practices and cutting-edge technologies and processes in organizational effectiveness to determine new approaches to emerging training requirements.
• Collaborate and support internal L&D team to drive and influence people development/L&D process improvements that impact results.
Experience and skills we’re looking for
• 8-10 years’ experience in a regulated industry with a postgraduate and or working qualification in learning and development, technical training, or relevant discipline (organizational development, psychology, business)
• Good knowledge of technical training curriculum and design processes and development of skills qualification is essential
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others and lead across the business
• Strong project management capabilities – ability to manage multiple projects, engage stakeholders throughout the process and meet deadlines
• Team player focused on bring out the best in your colleagues on the learning & development team
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, analytical thinker with a continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally to all levels of the organization
This position will be based at the Novato campus, remote working will be considered. There may be periodic travel between the Novato and San Rafael campuses to participate in meetings.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 108,000 to $ 162,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.