Intern, Technical Services - Device GroupLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Services group is responsible for developing our drugs delivery device for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The successful candidate will support device development and lifecycle activities within Technical Services.
These activities include but are not limited to:
- Executing device failure investigations
- Performing device functional testing
- Generating technical reports
- Drafting component drawing
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- Proficient with SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent
- Capable of writing technical papers
- Follow good documentation practices
- Familiarity with Design Control processes & medical device regulations
- Strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Creative problem solving
- Proficient with MicroSoft office suite
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.