Intern, Systems EngineeringLocation Novato, California Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- The candidate will assist in supporting the new historical data visualization tool, PI Vision. They will learn to create new displays for stakeholders, meeting with and confirming user requirements, creating and reviewing new content. This will be accomplished by collaborating with the PI Vision administrators to create the desired configurations and visuals.
- She/he will support the development of modular documentation and testing for RtReports (XML). The candidate will learn how reporting is programmed, how GxP testing is written and assist with executions. Additionally, they will perform configurations, under the direction of BioMarin’s PI SMEs. They will also be expected to review, modify, and create software tools targeting vendor APIs (typically .NET but also JS/web services).
- Candidates will be pursing and BS or MS in Chemical, Electrical, BioMedical Engineering or Computer Science degree from an accredited university
- Technical writing skills preferred
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.