Intern - Novato Engineering & Facility ServicesLocation Novato, California Apply
*This role will require the intern to be onsite in Novato, CA 3 days a week
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
BioMarin NEFS (Novato Engineering & Facility Services) Process Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated individual to be our 2021 summer intern. The success candidate will work under the NEFS Front Line Process Engineering team, supporting the day to day operation of manufacturing process equipment(s) and executing shutdown related projects.
The success candidate will support the following:
- 2021 Galli North Shutdown Activities. This involves, but not limited to the following tasks: Execution of IQ (Installation Qualification), supporting generation and or updating P&IDs (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams), field verifications, executing commission protocols, compiling TOP (Turnover Packages), performing pass downs.
- Investigation RCA (Root Cause Analysis). Supporting overall Process Team to execute, collect or analysis data during RCA events.
- Day to Day Operation. Supporting Process Engineering tasks to continually improve the existing manufacturing line (i.e. yield improvement opportunities, waste elimination, deviation reduction, equipment recipe optimization)
- Experience in MS applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good communicator
• Completion of the following College Course(s) a plus:
o fluid dynamics, physics, statistics, chemistry, biology and technical writing
• Some knowledge of cGMP experience a plus
• Some experience in reading and modifying P&IDs
• Six Sigma / DMAIC principles
• Pursuing a BS/Grad degree in any of the following: Bio-Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics
• Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
• Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
• Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
• Partially remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
• Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
• Develop skills specific to your major.
• Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
• Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.