Intern - Molecular BiologistLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- We are currently offering an opportunity for a student in life sciences to join our team as an intern and gain work experience in Analytical Sciences. We are looking for a proactive, problem solver individual, who shows flexibility and an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
- As a member of the team, you will learn and perform various tasks that might be associated with one of our programs:
- Learn and perform Analytical testing including cell-based bioassays, RNA extraction, and ddPCR, etc.
- Assist with preparation of protocols, summaries, and reports
- Support the scheduled testing by ensuring the required reagents and glassware are stocked appropriately
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field of study (e.g., Biology, Regulatory Science), with minimum of first/freshman year completed.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who recognizes the value of gaining experience from the ground floor up.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.