Intern, Molecular and Cell Biology (PhD)Location Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Motivated, proactive, agile and fast learner
- Organized and diligent at documentation
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic lab experience and safety protocols
- Basic knowledge of gene therapy and viral vectors
- Cell culture - aseptic techniques, cell transfection
- Candidate is enlisted in an active PhD program.
- Student must be returning to school after completing the 6-month internship OR has graduated within 1 year of the start of the program.
- The internship must be approved by BioMarin and PhD student’s supervisor.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Opportunity to have a senior scientist assigned as a supervisor for guidance.
- Part of a team and work with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop skills relevant to your career and a cutting-edge experience in the gene therapy field.
- High visibility opportunities across the company through various seminar series and meetings
- Potential to publish; however, this is not guaranteed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.