Intern - Manufacturing Sciences and TechnologyLocation Novato, California Apply
*This role will require the intern to be onsite in Novato, CA 3 days a week
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) is responsible for ensuring the consistent and robust performance of BioMarin commercial processes. This includes the execution of studies related to process trouble-shooting and the implementation of novel technologies to improve manufacturing efficiency.
The project will be comprised of lab investigations and/or data analyses to obtain:
• Additional process characterization data that can be used for subsequent root cause analysis investigations or the development of feedback/feed-forward control strategies to improve manufacturing efficiency. Proof of concept studies to evaluate these process analytical technologies (PAT) is also within the scope of this project.
• Protein stability data to support the BioMarin drug development life cycle. Data is used to identify potential drug candidates during discovery research, streamline process development/characterization and assist in commercial process investigations.
• Candidate must have sufficient hands-on laboratory skills in a biology or chemistry setting (academic or industrial).
• Knowledge of either analytical assays or protein purification techniques including, but not limited to, chromatography (process and analytical), spectrophotometry and filtration.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis including design of experiments is considered an asset.
o Bachelors program in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or related field
o Course study in protein biochemistry
• Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
• Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
• Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
• Partially remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
• Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
• Develop skills specific to your major.
• Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
• Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.