Intern, Global Supply ChainLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Global Supply Chain team is accountable for securing quality supply of life changing medicines to our patients around the world through best in class planning, logistics, procurement, operational excellence and business technology management. As BioMarin grows and expands globally, we need to upgrade our processes from a fragmented, functional approach that relies on manual, analog, opaque and lagging systems and tools to one that fully leverages automated, digital, transparent and real-time systems to support timely and effective decision-making.
Work under the supervision of the Global Head of Supply Chain on one or more projects to deliver a step change in the capability of our end-to-end Demand to Supply Process. The project will involve working with a cross-functional team to identify and document user requirements, match these to process and technology features and specifications, and develop and test to verify that the resulting set of documented best practice behaviors, process steps and configured technology meets the rapidly evolving business need.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Management
- ERP (Oracle/SAP or alternative) system knowledge, Labware Information Management, Master Data management, data analysis and reporting, Microsoft Office, Power BI
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, prepare and present to senior leadership, collaborate effectively with technical consultants and subject matter experts
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.