Intern - Global Quality Communications, Reporting & Process ImprovementLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Develop an automated batch release tracking and reminder system to ensure clear priorities and timelines within an accelerated orphan drug manufacturing environment.
- Generate analysis on batch release and quality management system (Deviations, Corrective/Preventative Action, Change Control) timelines and propose improvements to reduce cycle time.
- Provide support to reporting, training, and project management functions within Global Quality Business Operations.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM field with a demonstrated interest in operations and/or quality within the biotechnology industry
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to use VLOOKUP and macros); skills and experience in business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau) a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.