Intern- Global Quality Communications & ReportingLocation Novato, California Apply
Intern –GloBAL QUALITY Communications & Reporting
Location Novato, California
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
BioMarinGlobal Quality is looking for an intern to help develop and execute our communication plan across the Global Quality organization. Effective and efficient internal communication and standard reporting is vital to the health of our company and allows for transparent sharing of information, tracking of organizational performance, and adherence to timelines. Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we must be able to provide product in the right way, at the right time, every time.
This work will support the execution of 2 – 3 key objectives within the Global Quality organization for 2019. Deliverables include, but are not limited to: 1.) Development and implementation of dynamic reporting dashboard utilizing Power BI technology to track, display, and communicate key Quality metrics. 2.) Development and implementation of web pages for Quality organization and key processes, including integration of new and existing reporting mechanisms (i.e. Power BI Dashboard, Quality Weekly Report, etc.) into webpage interface.After the completion of these activities an assessment will be performed to measure their effectiveness.
- Communications Major, Management Information Systems (MIS) Major, Computer Science Major, Business Major, Visual Arts Major.
- Interest or experience in website design tools, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to make the complex seem simple
- Willingness to learn, asks lots of questions, organized, self-motivated, and prompt.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.