Intern, Chemical Drug Product and Device TechnologiesLocation Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
The intern must exercise technical competence in the design and execution of various preformulation and formulation development experiments and projects. They will execute experiments, provide quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of results. At times, they may evaluate complex methods, technologies, or laboratory equipment. The primary focus is laboratory experimental work as follows:
• Write experimental protocols and technical reports summarizing development work
• Assist in the development of electronic lab notebook templates
• Demonstrate technical expertise and have experience in a range of basic analytical methods
• Employ various analytical instruments to conduct physicochemical and biophysical characterization
• Provide concise and quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results
• Possess excellent problem-solving skills and effective time management to deliver reliable results in a timely manner
• Maintain thorough and timely documentation of experiments
• Foster teamwork by working collaboratively within CPDT group
• Strong analytical skills and instrument troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to employ various analytical methods (HPLC, calorimetry, spectrophotometry, light scattering, Freeze Dry Microscopy, etc.) to screen and characterize drug products
• Attention to detail and effective organizational skills
• Able to use computers effectively for data analysis and presentation
• Excellent communication skills, strong ability to present results in both oral and written formats
• Pursuing a Masters Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biotechnology or related discipline
• Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
• Must be available to work 40 hours a week
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
• Develop skills specific to your major.
• Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 24.00 to $ 30.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.