Instrumentation Technician I (TEMPORARY)Location Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
An Instrumentation Technician 1 performs routine and moderate work related to calibration of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment.
This position will assist in the management of the off-site vendor calibration program.
This position is responsible for performing instrumentation activities with limited supervision including troubleshooting, calibration, installation, and repair in a cGMP regulated environment.
- Work on assignments that are moderate in nature.
- Off-site Vendor Calibration Program: Contact vendors, collect, pack/unpack, and shipping/receiving of instruments.
- Review and approve instrument calibration records generated by the vendors.
- Preparing calibration certificates and data reports.
- Maintain organized work bins within CMMS.
- Initiate Out of Tolerance Reports.
- Perform unsupervised calibrations on small bench top equipment (i.e., timers, thermometers, pressure gauges, air samplers, etc.)
- Support Sr. Instrumentation technicians with: set-up, preparation for calibrations, and taking readings.
- Work with Sr. Instrumentation Technicians with complex troubleshooting on instrumentation loops (i.e., various transmitters, PLC cards, sensing elements, and HMIs).
- Perform shipping and return of Instrumentation standards and other instruments to off-site calibration vendors
- Active member of BioMarin’s Emergency Response Team (BERT).
- Ability to drive occasionally for work.
- Other duties as requested by Instrumentation Management.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.