Director, Technical Development Strategic Planning & OperationsLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Roles and responsibilities
This role will provide comprehensive business, operational, and project support to the Technical Development (TD) function and its leadership. This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Technical Development.
- Provide operational support to SVP, Technical Development (TD) including business analysis, planning, communications, project management and implementation of projects.
- Support for TD leadership team through problem tracking and solving, organizational management, and presentation development.
- Identify and drive resolution of issues within the TD organization and interfaces with other Technical Operations / Research & Development function.
- Facilitate key departmental meetings (All Staff, Senior Leadership Teams, Program Development Strategy Teams).
- Facilitate TD goal setting, performance measures, and progress tracking.
- Act as a sounding board / advisor to the TD Leads on key activities and issues.
- Represent TD business strategy and guide the activities to other partner functions such as Quality, Manufacturing, Research and Early Development.
- Handle TD headcount through structured meetings to review openings, provide departmental consistency, and support HR activity.
- Develop and lead functional budget for TD within the overall budget process.
- Support cross-functional business initiatives.
- Measure staff compliance with BioMarin corporate and functional training.
- Advise on the development of relevant policies, SOPs and associated documents.
- Identify training, mentoring plans and on-boarding development needs for staff and assist in developing the talent pool.
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Director we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
- Master’s degree with 8 years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and experience in facilitating workshops and group meetings.
- High self-confidence, self-motivation, strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success in Change Management
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with little oversight and has an outstanding time management and self-prioritization skills.
- Financial budgeting and variance reporting experience.
- Ability to engage different personalities and levels within the organization, particularly senior and executive management.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
- Good knowledge of Process & Product development.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.