Director of Capital Project ManagementLocation Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Director,Capital Project Management
The Director,Capital Project Management is part of the Capital Project Delivery Group and provides oversight and accountability for the successful delivery of Global/Corporate capital projects, standards and practices for capital project management, adherence to project governance, adherence to quality and project change control, and technical leadership. This role includes global collaboration and project management standardsalignment between all BioMarin campuses.
- Lead the Capital Project Managementgroup, comprised of Project Managersto support the SRC/ROW, Novato, and some BTC campusportfolios with a value of approximately 90M annually.
- Lead a team of 6-8 direct reports, 6-15 Staff augment contractors.
- Accountable for the health, compliance and successful delivery of allproject work and change control forengineering and facility related capital projects.
- Drive thecontinuous improvement ofcapital project managementactivities for all BioMarin entities, and initiative projects to improve capital business process.
- Improve project delivery, approve global project management practices, ensure compliance to industry standards and engineering best practices. Review and approve project deliverables in the project manager swim lane of the CAPEX business process.
- Accountable for organizational change management, training and curricula maintenance, and performance management. Develop and maintain skills matrix and technical track for CPM employee development
- Collaborate with other key programs including Risk Management, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering Teams, Quality, Strategy and Management, Information Technology, regional leaders, and other team members as necessary to ensure the on-time and effective delivery of capital projects.
- Identify barriers to delivery and work with colleagues and stakeholders as needed to drive progress.
- Interact and collaborate with stakeholders representing the multiple business units.
- Updatesenior leadership regularly on discussions, challenges, recommendations, and decisions.
Requirements & Qualifications:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 12 to 15 years’ experience in project managementor 10 to 13 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry.
•Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Program Management Professional (PgMP)® or Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® certification preferred.
•Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt or Operational Excellence related certification preferred.
•Minimum 10 years of management experience inglobal engineering and facility capital projectorganization with portfolio of $25M-50M/year.
•Experience in procurement role, including general contractor/supplier relationship management, RFI/RFP, and bidding management is desired.
•Able to execute and successfully deliver complex on projects that are mid-sized to large.
- Excellent collaboration, teambuilding, and communication skills
- Strong business and technical acumen, strategic agility, and global perspective necessary to lead the groups to world-class performance
- Influencing and partnering skills: Proven ability to build and leverage productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Project execution and outcomes focus: Proven ability to deliver complex transformational change in a demanding operational environment while under significant regulatory and senior management scrutiny.
- Proven ability to deliver significant and sustained cross-functional change in a program management function of a global financial services institution.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to focus on detailed execution while ensuring alignment with a wider and evolving context.
- Excellent influencing and partnering skills
- Global experience, can adapt to and effectively manage in various cultural environments and organizational levels including executive management
- Experience with Oracle Primavera (P6) and Ares PRISM G2 is a plus
- 10% Travel may be required