Director / Head of Network OperationsLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Head of Network Operations is responsible for leading a global team responsible for setting and implementing strategy across the core areas of Data Analytics & Knowledge management, Material Sciences, Technical Standards & Business Operations in service of the global manufacturing network (internal & external) and modalities.
The Head of Network Operations is capable of building strong cross-functional collaboration, empowerment of others, communication and clear goals aligning to product lifecycle and business objectives.
The Head or Network Operations is a member of the GMSAT leadership team and reports directly to the Global VP of MSAT.
- The Head of Network Operations surveys broader industry trends and can clearly articulate any potential opportunity or impact and plan to ensure appropriate response for the business.
- Responsible to set, develop and maintain Technical standards, policies, procedures & business processes in line with the required industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices and business requirements across the global manufacturing network and modalities.
- Responsible to identify, developing and maintain data systems that enable users to capture, query, organize and make process data available in a way that enables science-based decision making.
- Lead the development of models that enable monitoring of the manufacturing process and performance of advanced analytics in support of manufacturing troubleshooting, optimization and supply chain planning.
- The role is responsible for implementing and maintaining systems and business processes to capture, organize and share process knowledge.
- Ensures excellence in the area of materials science, collaborating with Process Sciences, Supply Chain and the Global Manufacturing network to ensure optimal product delivery.
- Identify, recruit, develop and retain qualified individuals to provide technical support to the site. Creates and maintains an environment of teamwork and collaboration while developing and motivating a high performing team that models the organisation values and attributes.
- Serve as an influential member of the MSAT leadership team, who impacts decision making and takes an active role in promoting initiatives, team work and collaboration across functions.
Bachelor's degree in Sciences or Engineering (preferably Biochemical Engineering or Biological Sciences. Master of Science or related PhD. degree preferred.
- Experience in Biopharma Manufacturing (Clinical or Commercial) strongly preferred.
- Technical Leadership experience at a Director level strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including managerial experience. Additional specialist experience is preferred (e.g., pharmaceutical formulation, process development, manufacturing technology & continuous improvement)
- Strong working knowledge of statistics, quality systems and regulatory requirements across multiple health authorities for GMP production of Biologics.
- Advanced project management experience/skills required
- Knowledge of OPEX principles and tools, and knowledge of lifecycle management processes, from development to commercialisation
- Experience leading and developing an effective team of scientists and engineers focussed on applied science.
- Exceptional communication skills required, with an ability to interact with and influence individuals and teams at all levels across the organization and global network.
- Experience collaborating effectively with other functional groups to achieve business objectives.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.