Buyer/Planner 2Location Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position is responsible for the procurement and planning of raw materials used in commercial and clinical manufacturing in Novato, CA.
- Purchase Order Management
- PO creation, submission to supplier
- PO maintenance – updates, inquiries, assessment for closure
- Materials Planning/Forecasting
- Determine order requirements thru use of ERP MRP, Min Max system and other electronic reporting tools (consumption, scheduling)
- Procurement Process/Operations
- Understand and perform applications used in daily job functions
- Suggest improvement opportunities as they impact Purchasing directly or indirectly
- Project/team meeting participation
- Periodically deliver presentations to small audiences
- Update Oracle item master
- Supplier Management
- Provide input to supplier scorecards
- Meet with supplier account managers on a periodic basis
- Monitor supplier performance and report outcome to Category Managers
- Process goods return to vendor (RTV)
- PO/invoice issue analysis and resolution
Responsible for the procurement and planning of goods and activities that support this function. It is a non-revenue generating position, but contributes significantly to the reduction of both risk and the total cost of goods.
Bachelors Degree or procurement related certifications a plus
Minimum 3 years procurement experience or ability to demonstrate Buyer 2 skill sets.
Experience in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical or regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
Personal Computer, Monitor, Printer, Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, desk phone.
Supply Chain Planning and Logistics
No supervisor responsibility
- Demonstrate good judgment on a consistent basis
- Display initiative and self motivation
- Seek solutions to issues and develop recommendations to management
- Create and deliver clear, concise presentations to larger audiences including higher management.
- Develop more advanced skills in supplier management and supply risk management
- Gain understanding of the Request for Proposal process and lead/assist in the execution
- Gain understanding of supplier agreement content and format
- Conduct simple to moderate level spend and cost/benefit analysis
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.