Business Process ManagerLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are looking for a skilled, innovative Business Process Manager as we mature and scale our business processes to support future growth. You will directly contribute to the success of the Novato operations site in our mission of producing therapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases. This role reports through Business Operations and supports all of the local Make – Assess – Release functions, which include approximately 600 employees.
You will lead large scale projects through development and implementation to drive reliable and resilient processes and operations. Utilizing project management and lean six sigma concepts, you will lead the adoption of mistake proofing methodologies across the organization, in both operations and laboratory environments (known as our Human Performance program). You will also manage the Human Performance program and be the go-to person for the tools, methodologies, and mindset of this program.
- Develop and implement a Human Performance program across the Novato operations organization, including error prevention tools, risk assessments, and work process design, tailored to the BioMarin culture.
- Train colleagues on Human Performance concepts, thinking, and tools.
- Operate as a coach and mentor on the deployment of tools and analysis of performance indicators and assessment of weak signals.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to characterize the effectiveness and the health of the Human Performance program.
- Define the roadmap for the Human Performance program and identify areas of opportunity through the analysis of performance metrics / KPIs.
- Apply and promote systems thinking, looking beyond human events to the systems, processes, and structures that drive behaviors.
- Promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement, free of blame.
- Continuously seek, share, and strategically implement best practices and the use of the most effective methodologies to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- BS with minimum 5 years’ experience or MS with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Experience working in or supporting an operations environment.
- 3 years of project or program management experience with a proven track record of successfully leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups and skilled in leading people through business change.
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize information across a variety of disciplines to create a strategic plan to achieve business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment within a rapidly evolving business environment.
- 3 years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or another regulated industry (e.g. life sciences, nuclear, energy, aviation).
- Knowledge of drug manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Experience designing and delivering training courses leveraging an understanding of adult learning principles.
- Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems (Oracle EBS, SAP, Trackwise, LIMS, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Organizational Psychology, Human Factors, Operations Management, Education, or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma training.
- Lean Six Sigma black belt certification, particularly with experience applying poka yoke / mistake proofing tools.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.