Business Analyst, Supply ChainLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Business Analyst will support Supply Chain’s demand, supply and S&OP activities by creating, maintaining and analyzing information to enable improved decision making.
- Create and maintain detailed clinical demand forecasts and scenarios for multiple clinical programs
- Partner with clinical operations and program management to align clinical trial assumptions and translate protocol design(s) into program level forecast
- Update the demand forecast within forecasting tools in alignment with plans and update forecast actuals
- Track forecast against actuals and update the demand forecasts based on actuals, protocol amendments, strategy shifts, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of procedures and tools used to maintain the forecast
- Support Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) by providing select analyses and recommendations, and maintenance of planning tools
- Maintain metrics and provide analytics that will deliver improved service to patients, inventory levels, costs and adherence to plan
- Proper execution of this role is essential for successful studies as it defines clinical supply needs and delivers on those needs for all clinical programs
- The analytics provided by this role will enable executives within TOPS, Finance and R&D to evaluate information and make informed demand and supply decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Math, Finance, Operations, or Supply Chain
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred
- Formal forecasting or statistics training desirable
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in demand planning, clinical planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, look-ups, formulas, data sourcing) and Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Strong analytical, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
Standard office desk equipment
- Collaborates effectively with multiple individuals in a cross-functional, team- oriented environment
- Supply Chain, Clinical Operations, Finance, Business Process Improvement, DevSci Business Operations, DevSci Product Development, Medical Affairs
Refer to Responsibilities section. Consistent track record of exceeding objectives within area of influence.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.