Business Analyst 2Location Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Business Analyst role provides leadership as a liaison between Technical Operations and technology groups, using superior communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate requirements.
Applies industry-leading expertise to recommend and coordinate the development, enhancement, and maintenance of a client's business systems, processes, and output using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
Combines industry expertise with an advanced understanding of information technology to develop innovative business solutions. Influence the strategic direction of Technical Operations and BioMarin at large.
Assists with business process definition and user requirements management for technology investment projects.
The following outlines further detail and expectations for the BA role;
- Participate or lead process modeling and design and contribute to policy changes.
- Design with a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
- Identify solution interdependencies; provide impact analysis, implement, and transition to sustaining.
- Play a key role in business capability roadmap planning.
- Identify patterns in process, data, and technology and leverage to facilitate efficient execution of business operations
- Assess solution risks, propose viable options, & create compelling business cases.
- Accountable to ensure that the delivered solution meets the agreed upon business requirements.
- BS/BA in a science, business or engineering discipline.
- GxP/life sciences experience is preferred.
- Continuous education such as MBA, PMP, Six Sigma are desirable.
- Applicants shall have a minimum of six (6) years of operations experience in the life sciences industry
- Applicants shall have experience with application of IT solutions in support of operations
- Applicants shall have experience with application integration and architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication including strong presentation and group speaking skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Must be able to work with limited direction and be a self-starter
- Must have a desire to learn new technologies both by instruction and self-teaching
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must be able to apply technologies to business to maximize process performance
- Super-user understanding of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, Project, Power Point)