Building Technician 2Location Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Perform various functions to support building maintenance campus wide; performs semi skilled work orders; associated with HVAC, water systems, plumbing, lighting, steam systems, electrical systems and waste systems and assists in coordinating maintenance activities. This position may have frequent contact with customers, requiring reasonable tact and good verbal communication skills.
- General system / system state identification.
- Perform equipment rounds and record operating parameters.
- Interior/exterior lamp replacement.
- Replace ceiling tiles.
- Adjust automatic doors.
- Install dry erase boards.
- Relocate office furniture and lab equipment
- Power washing buildings and equipment.
- Perform building inspection checklist to inspect buildings for overall condition.
- Bathroom fixture troubleshooting and repair.
- Vendor Escorting
- Janitorial Oversight
- Stock room maintenance/housekeeping
- Low level construction activities (e.g., calking, taping, sanding, etc.)
- Maintain compliance with company and OSHA safety standards.
- Follow company policies described in the Employee Handbook.
- Basic Plumbing (clear toilets and sinks)
- Basic Electrical
- Basic HVAC
- PM emergency showers and eye was stations.
- PM fire extinguishers.
- Adjustment of thermostats.
- Assist in maintaining the Universal Waste program.
- Order parts through vendors and/or Inventory Control.
- Perform semi skilled work orders (preventative maintenance, repair, and service request) issued by Campus Maintenance.
- Active member of BERT.
- Complete basic records, preventive maintenance, repair, and service request work orders.
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms.
- All other duties assigned by management.
Required: High school diploma or GED
Preferred: 2 plus years Tech School
2-4 years experience
Requires at least 1-year experience in working independently with minimal direct supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.