Analyst, QC Gene Therapy Analytical Technologies
Location :Novato, California
Workstyle :Onsite Only
With accelerated review underway in the United States and Europe for our Hemophilia A drug, a second gene therapy program entering the clinic for PKU patients, and a third program in late research for Hereditary Angioedema, BioMarin continues to pioneer innovative approaches to treating rare diseases. Our commitment to gene therapy is further underscored by having developed the first and largest gene therapy manufacturing facility in the world. The scientific possibilities and the hope we offer to patients with rare diseases is enormous.
BioMarin is a midsize biotechnology company with a market cap of approximately 18 billion. Over the course of our 22 year history we have successfully launched 7 drugs for the treatment of rare diseases. Our success is due to our scientific rigor and our ability to leverage multiple therapeutic modalities. BioMarin is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and offers a comprehensive relocation program.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Decision Making
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Patient Focused
- Results Oriented
- Pioneering Science
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Willing to try new ways to look at problems
Health & Wellness Programs
" BioMarin has this, in their own DNA, an approach: they only work on projects for which they know the underlying biology."Lon C., Chief Scientific Officer
"We’ve got to understand: What are the problems other people are trying to solve? And do we have a better way of fundamentally doing that?"Brinda B, GVP, Corporate and Business Development
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The QC Analyst is responsible for providing support to activities related to sample and/or lab equipment management. The QC Analyst is responsible for supporting analytical method development, assisting with troubleshooting work and executing validation and transfer protocols, supporting the writing and reviewing of protocols and reports, supporting training to site QC, Contract Test Labs, and In Country Testing Labs in new techniques and methods and when necessary providing support in the preparation of regulatory submission documents. The QC Analyst is responsible to support on-time release, stability and non-routine testing of the pharmaceutical drug substances and drug product in a cGMP environment. This role may include overtime and shift work.
- Adhere and follow cGMPs guidelines and procedures. Escalate non-compliance concerns to management.
- Monitor lab equipment for calibration needs, monitoring and tracking of issues related to instrumentation.
- Support the scheduled testing by ensuring the required reagents and glassware are stocked appropriately.
- Maintain the laboratory in an inspection-ready state
- Perform Analytical testing incl: HPLC/UPLC, SDS Gels, UV Spectrophotometry, plate-based assays including ELISAs and cell-based Bioassays, PCR, etc.
- Testing of in-process samples, finished product, non-routine samples, packaging and stability, etc. in a cGMP environment.
- Assist with preparation of protocols, summaries, and reports-often for direct submission to pharmaceutical regulatory agencies
- Develop, optimize, validate and troubleshoot analytical test methods
- Act as technical resource (SME) and train other analysts in areas of expertise
- Evaluate results against defined acceptance criteria
- Conduct and document laboratory investigations and deviations to completion
- Support sample and record management for testing within the group and at CRO/CTO’s
- Manage shipment of materials and samples to other BioMarin sites, CRO/CTO’s, or to in-country testing labs
- Interact directly with regulatory agency inspectors during audits
- Interface with other BioMarin departments (Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Facilities, etc.) and contractors as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
RequirementsBS or BA in Molecular Biology, Biology, Analytical Chemistry, or similar scientific background. Experience working with adherent cell culture, qPCR, ddPCR or similar technologies is highly preferred but not required.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About our location
Meet Our Team
From internationally renowned scientists to patient advocates, BioMarin Hemophilia has brought together the right people.Read More
In the News
BioMarin has entered into a preclinical collaboration and license agreement with DiNAQOR, a gene therapy platform company, to develop novel gene therapies to treat rare genetic cardiomyopathies.Learn More