Associate Director Patient and Health OutcomesLocation Netherlands Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
ROLE SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
As Associate Director of Patient and Health Outcomes you will be responsible for leading and delivering on the Patient Centered Outcomes (PCO) and Outcomes Research (OR) projects conducted by the Market Access team. Working cross-functionally, you will be responsible for development of BioMarin’s PCO and OR strategy across product lifecycle from advising on PCO instrument selection and development, implementation, validation and interpretation and the development, implementation and reporting of prospective outcomes research projects (e.g. utility and caregiver burden studies, discrete choice experiments) to support Market Access and the commercial business. Reporting into the VP Market Access/Senior Director HEOR, this role provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in both the technical and strategic aspects of patients centered outcomes and outcomes research and provides an opportunity to work with and influence multiple areas of the business.
· Advise on PCO instrument selection and development using technical knowledge of psychometrics, qualitative research and best practice in PCO development to influence decisions
· Work with cross-functional product teams to ensure that PCO evidence needs are identified and met with robustly designed outcomes research projects
· Conduct psychometric validation of instruments used in BioMarin studies
· Lead on interpretation of PCO results and communication to wider business
· Working alongside the Health Economics, Medical Affairs and Real-World Evidence and Epidemiology teams, lead on development and implementation of prospective outcomes research project in order to demonstrate the value of our products to payers (e.g. Time trade-off, utility studies)
· Input into reimbursement submissions as a subject matter expert
· Lead on publications of PCO and Outcomes Research work, ensuring timelines are met in line with business needs
· Strong technical knowledge of Patient Centered Outcomes and Outcomes research including prospective study design
· Strong knowledge of psychometric analyses, validation methodologies and qualitative research
· Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate technical information to stakeholders in a clear, straightforward manner
· Ability to think strategically
· Strong understanding of European Market Access and reimbursement requirements
· Ability to work cross-functionally
· Ability to work independently
· Competent time management
· Ability to influence decision making through communication of knowledge to senior stakeholdersApplying specialised knowledge
· Results oriented
· Good interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.