Senior Country Manager, India-SEALocation Malaysia Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Country Manager is responsible for managing all within-country operations. Responsibilities and functional oversights include: commercial operations, distributor management, market access, promotional activities and marketing operations. Responsible countries include Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and India.
- Grow business with in-line products in responsible geographies including securing funding, identifying and executing on business opportunities, raising awareness of rare diseases.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with Health Authorities and Reimbursement bodies in responsible countries.
- Develop, maintain and manage business partner relationship, including providing support and monitoring of promotional activities, sales operations procedures, tendering processes and other activities as related to business of BioMarin.
- Oversee all activities related to the marketing, and promotion of Company’s products in assigned country following local requirements.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key physicians, pharmacists, coordinators and other healthcare professionals, and patient advocacy groups.
- Develop KOLs in responsible geographies.
- Monitor and report health policy changes and take actions to secure the business, as required.
- Manage all aspects of market development in responsible geographies.
- Develop and manage reimbursement planning and successful launch plans for any products licensed to the Company.
- Establish pricing strategies; develop budgets, forecasts, and full responsibility for the in-country P&L for assigned countries.
- Report any pharmacovigilance issues with the timelines specified in the relevant SOPs to the Company Drug Safety following local and any others requirements.
- Work closely with other functions including but not limited to Medical, Market Access, Sales Operations, Finance, Legal and Compliance departments at a local level.
- Collaborate with other CMs when applicable
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in marketing and sales with proven success at advancing levels of responsibility.
- Significant knowledge of local reimbursement and pricing policies would be an asset.
- Well versed in developing and executing business plans.
- Significant understanding of the health care system in Malaysia is a must, experience in managing business in other countries within the responsible geographies would also be preferred.
- Previous distributor management experience in the pharmaceutical market is preferred.
- Ability to react to rapidly changing priorities and effectively manage changes to business strategy and execution plans.
- Adept conceptual and independent thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion and fortitude to lead initiatives, take stands to advocate programs and ability present compelling supporting facts and back-up data.
- Excellent communication ability, both verbal and written, at all levels.
- Fluency in English and Malay, written and verbal
- The ability and desire to interact with multidisciplinary teams
BS/BA degree in business or life sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.