Senior Manager ReimbursementLocation London, United Kingdom Apply
Senior Manager/Associate Director Reimbursement
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target illnesses that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few treatment options. BioMarin’s continued focus on advancing therapies that are ‘first and best-in-class’ therapeutics make a meaningful impact. Placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, our mission surrounds a focus on bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
As one of the first to go through the new Priority Medicines (PRIME) regulatory initiative in Europe for a New Gene Therapy Treatment for Hemophilia A, we are now looking to build our Market Access team to support the launch of Valrox in 2020 and are looking for the ‘best in class’ talent to shape this journey, in this business-critical role.
Reporting to the EUMEA Pricing & Reimbursement Director, this position will be responsible for developing and managing the reimbursement process for Valrox in the EUMEA region, understanding policy changes which could impact the reimbursement process. The role holder will be expected to lead projects related to supporting the product launch development of reimbursement dossiers and value argumentation.
- Maintain and manage the reimbursement processes for the new gene therapy, Valrox
- Develop reimbursement dossiers across the region during the product launch with appropriate support from pricing, health economics and medical teams
- Project manage the preparation, delivery, sign off and submission of reimbursement dossiers
- Support the team involved in developing the Valrox value proposition
- Lead preparations and updates of market access value tools
- Deal with objections from payer bodies and respond with compelling value arguments
- Support maintenance of current information on policy changes in the region which could impact Valrox
- Support the development of market access strategies and their implementation for Valrox
- Planning, organising and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives
- Liaise with local Area Directors and country managers to support timely delivery of market access dossiers and materials
- Maintain compliance with the ABPI code and local requirements
- The ideal candidate will have previous reimbursement or market access experience (ideally 5+ years) obtained in either a consulting or pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- An educational background in a scientific or healthcare related discipline would be beneficial
- Prior experience in Hemophilia and/or gene therapy, innovative medicines, or rare diseases would be preferable
- A sound knowledge and experience of the payer environment, ideally across multiple EU countries is required
- Strong project management capabilities with a structured approach and rounded stakeholder management competences will be expected
- The post holder should be self-reliant, results orientated with a sense of urgency to get things done, confident working independently to find solutions
- Working knowledge of the ABPI code is preferable
- Willingness to travel within EUMEA region will be necessary