EUMEA Junior Compliance AnalystLocation London, United Kingdom Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Junior Compliance Analyst will provide support to the EUMEA Corporate Compliance team, which is part of the larger Global Compliance & Ethics department. This individual will have the opportunity to support several cross-functional compliance activities, including grants and donations program, transparency reporting and monitoring, corporate policy and procedure reviewing, drafting and enforcement, enterprise risk assessment and internal training. The Corporate Compliance team works in close coordination with colleagues throughout the organization. The Junior Compliance Analyst will assist Corporate Compliance staff members with day-to-day activities and departmental projects.
Soft skills: result oriented, problem solver,
- screening of grants and preparation of meeting agenda
- attending meeting and keep minutes
- preparing of meeting minutes
- drafting of agreements
- executing grants
- Keeping due diligence file up to date
- Assisting with the grants reconciliation process
- Deputising eGrants administrator when necessary
- Handling the Grants mailbox
- Setting the dates
- Handling logistics
- Coordinating meeting members for putting together the agenda
- Attending the meeting when possible and presenting part of her interest
- Keeping action notes and follow up with members for implementation (where necessary)
- Attending the weekly team call and keeping action notes
- Following up where necessary to ensure the deadlines of the team projects are met.
- Project management and coordination when required
- Communicating and collaborating with SharePoint Administrator (based in the US) directly for any kind of work needed; i.e. requesting access for new colleagues, etc.
- Run quarterly checks to ensure access is kept only to the necessary.
- Being the first point of contact for EUMEA regions
- Maintaining all folders tidy and up to date
- Collaborating with other Compliance team members regarding the Activity Tracking folder and assisting in tracking and reviewing completed transparency report templates
- Keeping Accounts folder updated with available FMV tier tools, MSA’s and CV’s of existing Professionals
- Acting as system administrator in urgent matters when current system administrator is on annual/sick leave or unable to respond.
Policies and processes:
- Being point of contact for EUMEA regions regarding policies and processes; provide advice and solutions when needed
- Liaising with other Team members when necessary to get accurate advice, if necessary
- Providing training to new and/or current colleagues at all levels on FMVs and other processes (when feel comfortable)
- Keeping the training records
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.