Country Manager UK, Ireland & BeNeLuxLocation London, United Kingdom Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin is a growing, research intensive biotechnology company focused on being the best development partner to ensure patients with rare conditions get access to the most optimal therapies for their condition. The purpose of the job is to uphold, promote and continue this vision by preparing the market for and ensuring reimbursed access to forthcoming NCEs held by BioMarin as manufacturer. It has five licensed products two of which Kuvan and Palynziq are still going through the reimbursement processes in the UK and Ireland.
The Country Manager will be responsible for managing all within-country operations. Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: commercial operations, promotional activities, marketing operations, partner management, health care financing, health policy and politics
- Create business plans for UK, Ireland & BeNeLux in collaboration with the field force
- Engage the market successfully using BioMarin’s 5P business model
- Ensure the UK/Ireland/BeNeLux work ethically and according to the external country laws and internal SOPs set by BioMarin
- Understand the market access issues both locally and nationally and be able to find solutions for product uptake
- Act as a product champion for emerging pipeline products, working closely with medical, marketing franchise owners and patient advocacy colleagues.
- Support and attend national and local meetings in the therapeutic areas of interest to the company
- Be a valued and engaged member of the Zone 1 management team
- Work cooperatively with different external stakeholders in the furtherance of disease awareness initiatives in the defined area.
- Develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders such as marketing and market access to optimize the realization of company objectives
- Be the local ambassador for BioMarin so that we become the partner of choice for payers, HCPs and patient organisations
- Ensure relevant training is undertaken for the field force
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Confidence to interact with customers at all levels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisation.
- Motivated and passionate to succeed.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Confidence to manage challenges.
- Experience of leading a field team
- Given the sometimes highly technical nature of the material the post holder would be expected to have a biological sciences degree and may come from a pharmacy, biological sciences or chemistry background.
- Background in partnering with market development/market access functions for orphan/ultra orphan drugs highly preferred.
- Some experience of engagement with political stakeholders and media training would be preferred
- Highly attuned negotiation skills and strong people’s skills
- Solid understanding of the Irish healthcare and pharma market
- Ability to quickly gain practical knowledge and understanding of key product areas and customers.
- Knowledge of industry and local market conditions.
The incumbent will be comfortable working with minimal supervision and in a field and office based setting. They must also have the creative vision to lead a team in a virtual setting and ensure goal attainment and motivation is maintained. Given the complexity of the role, applicants are being sought who have at least 7 years’ experience working within a small research based pharmaceutical environment.
The post holder will be expected to supervise and manage others so the capacity and willingness to do so will be important
The following is an indicative list of contacts the post holder will interact with and is not meant to be taken as being complete:
Zone 1 Head and management team
Area and Country Directors
Market access managers and directors
Patient Advocacy leads
Marketing and marketing planning managers and directors
Patients’ organisation CEOs
The post holder will be expected to be proficient in:
- Sales analysis and forecasting ability
- High quality English written and oral presentation and writing skills
- Information capture within an intelligence gathering data ie SFDC
- Good MS Office skills including presentation generation – i.e powerpoint
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.