Territory ManagerLocation Italy Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Territory Manager (Italy)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target illnesses that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few treatment options. BioMarin’s continued focus on advancing therapies that are ‘first and best-in-class’ therapeutics make a meaningful impact. Placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, our mission surrounds a focus on bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
The position is based in Italy, within BioMarin Commercial Organization and reporting directly to the National Sales Manager.
The Territory Manager is in charge for delivering business results in his territory ensuring the Company’s products have access to the market and the educational activities to stakeholders are properly planned and delivered
Under the direction and guidance of the National Sales Manager, the TM is responsible for in country product promotion and marketing program execution.
The role will have high visibility and clear accountability, in co-ordination with Marketing, Medical, Public Affairs, Government and Access Departments at BioMarin.
Job duties include:
- Ensures BioMarin products have access to the market and are funded at regional level and at account level
- Identifies the most important customers (physicians, pharmacists, payers) in his territory and delivers the Company’s key messages ensuring the proper reach and frequency
- Reports in the Company systems, including CRM, the performed activities
- Analyzes his territory data and dynamics in order to identifying key opportunities
- Recommend to the manager plans to leverage opportunities and minimize risks
- Implement, in partnership with other functions (Medical Affair, Regulatory, Marketing, Customer Service), the commercial plan of his territory (key account management)
- Is proactive in collecting competitive intelligence information
- Active participation to the Company commercial meetings and teleconferences
- Report PV (Pharmaco-Vigilance) cases as for Companypolicy
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Scientific degree as for D.L. 219-2006 and subsequent amendments and additions (ISF role)
A minimum of five years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry in RAM/KAM/Specialist-ISF role
Be able to demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects and priorities
Commercial and customer-oriented thinking with Proven experience in market access at regional and hospital level
Good understanding of Health Care Systems including access, financing, and public health policy
Experience in local market access strongly preferred
Flexible, dedicated, ability to recognize customers’ needs, open in communication
Ability to discuss problems and solutions with KOLs, and scientific societies
Knowledge of Rare Disease space a clear advantage, but not mandatory
High integrity and personal awareness that allows the individual to get things done with the trust of the wider team
Computer competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook and CRM systems
Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Engaging with the ability to work with multiple different stakeholders
- Working in matrix model (cooperation with different functions)
- Resilient and patient with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Strong leadership with the ability to champion the right path and behaviors
- Curious with an agile learning ability
- Operationally excellent and uncompromising integrity
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
BioMarin Core Values
- Decision making: make sound and effective decisions, moving forward without being distracted by what is outside of one’s control (always doing the right thing)
- Influence & collaboration: partner with others across and outside the organization to pursue and reach shared goals (teamwork)
- Agility: Adapt to circumstances and change course to be impactful and nimble in different conditions (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Leadership: set vision and purpose, lead develop and manage high performing teams
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.