Brand Lead HaemophiliaLocation Italy Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Brand Lead HAEMOPHILIA (Italy)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target illnesses that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few treatment options. BioMarin’s continued focus on advancing therapies that are ‘first and best-in-class’ therapeutics make a meaningful impact. Placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, our mission surrounds a focus on bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
Scope of the Position
The position is based in Italy, within BioMarin Commercial Organization and reporting directly to the Haemophilia Lead (HL)
This role provides a full support to HL in the preparation of new product launch, she/he is responsible forleveraging market research and analytics critical to direct brand strategies and optimizing market development plan and tactics in Haemophilia therapeutic area. Accountable for successful management of projects with an ability to push a project to completion. Responsible for establishing effective working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders. The role is also responsible for the development and localization of promotional/ educational materials in Italy. This individual will also serve as contact person for maintaining cross-functional relationships among different departments in Italy and aligning with the EMEA team.
The role will have high visibility and clear accountability for the launch phase of new product in Haemophilia Therapeutic Area. Cross functional activities may include disease awareness campaigns, screening initiatives and information about linkage to care.
Reporting to the Haemophilia Lead, this role will be responsible for the national project management of the Haemophilia franchise and will ensure planning, execution and follow-up of major initiatives to successfully position Roctavian (Valoctocogene Roxaparvovec) in the Haemophilia market.
- Execute plans and activities needed in pre-launch phase activities
- Management of interactions with national KOLs and Access stakeholders
- Management of interactions with PAGs
- Development and localization of promotional and educational materials
- Establishing networking activities and supporting field force in organizing round tables, advisory board, press events, expert roadshows and congress stands
- Coordination and validation of local, digital tactics (websites, online tools, webinars)
- Support HL as point of reference for EUMEA marketing team and other central functions
- Previous background in pharmaceutical/biotech industry in brand or product marketing, digital marketing and/or public relations is required
- Previous experience Haemophilia market would be highly appreciated but not mandatory
- The ideal candidate will have a grounded understanding of pharmaceutical law as well as European compliance guidelines
- Previous experience in project management, supporting sales tactics and communicating marketing plans will be expected
- Confident in managing multiple priorities and expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, adaptable and agile approach with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Biological Sciences or Economics / Marketing required (MBA or other business degree a plus)
- A strong worker with a proven ability to work across the company matrix, working with all levels/functions.
- The Ideal candidate will have a marketing profile and possibly previous experience in Haemophilia therapeutic area or knowledge of Rare Disease space.
- Experience of running non-promotional campaigns and projects would be considered as an added value.
- Able to demonstrate excellence in project management and effective communication
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to approach new opportunities in a structured way.
- Insightful and willing to embrace new ideas and concepts in a way that carefully evaluates risk and benefit.
- High integrity and personal awareness that allows the individual to get things done with the trust of the wider team
- Ability to discuss problems and solutions with KOLs, and scientific societies
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Business acumen: keennessand quickness in understanding and dealing with complex situation
- Willingness to learn
- Engaging with the ability to work with multiple different stakeholders
- Working in matrix model (cooperation with different functions)
- Resilient and patient with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Curious with an agile learning ability
- Operationally excellent and uncompromising integrity
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
What we offer
- You will be working in a high-performing team in a cross-functional manner. The role offers great hands-on-experience from early-planning to value-assessment and price-negotiations
- Inspiring and Innovative work environment
- Flexible work arrangements
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.