Director, Pipeline Commercialisation, EUMEALocation Dublin, Ireland Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Pipeline Commercialisation, EUMEA
Location: Adelaide Road, Dublin, Ireland
Role: Full time
This position plays a key role within the commercial organisation focused on driving commercial activities for BioMarin’s pipeline programs across EUMEA (Europe, Middle-East & Africa). This position participates in commercial planning and market preparation activities by providing objective, in-depth information on current and future markets, customers and competitors. The role identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with commercial / cross-functional teams, and drives strategies to set the direction for the product in the EUMEA region.
- Partners with global and regional teams to develop commercial strategies to address market opportunities, builds business / go-to-market plans
- Drives market development/ pre-launch activities for pipeline programs in EUMEA
- Partnering with regional and global commercial team (Market Access, Product Marketing, Field Teams), Medical & Scientific Affairs, Development Sciences and others
- Builds relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and patient advocacy groups to develop understanding of disease dynamics / needs and to prepare pipeline products for success
- Evaluates and provides internal guidance on the regional market landscapes, monitor changes and predict trends in market dynamics and competition
Inputs into revenue models for development stage programs and ad-hoc business development projects
Designs and oversees primary and secondary market research projects and advisory boards in collaboration with internal cross-functional teams
As needed, support business development efforts by serving as regional commercial interface with Business Development team and providing regional evaluation of market opportunities
- Support the localization of materials and resources for the region as needed
- As programs mature, prepare regional brand and launch plans in collaboration with internal teams
This is a senior manager role which will involve some travel to London, across the EUMEA region and the USA as deemed necessary.
- Strong English language skills (reading, spoken and written)
- Minimum bachelors, preferably in a type of life sciences and/or business / marketing
- Higher qualification of MBA or masters preferred
- Any additional language skills are an advantage
5+ years in life sciences industry
Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end life sciences development process
Excellent communication, collaboration, strategic and analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives
Consulting, project management, marketing, and/or market research experiences strongly preferred
Ability to rapidly learn and work across multiple disease areas
Good understanding of the rare disease management pathway
Experience working in orphan or specialty markets, especially genetics or endocrinology with cross functional team members a plus
- Global Pipeline Commercialisation team
- Senior Director of Marketing & Marketing Team
- Medical affairs counterparts
- MCC board: compliance, marketing, medical, legal and regulatory signatories
- Area Directors, Country Managers & Territory Managers
- Global Marketing / Commercial Operations and Medical
- Market Research agencies and consultancies
- Creative agencies and PR companies
- Policy groups
- Medical Education agencies
- Congress organisers
- Key Opinion Leaders
- Health Care Professionals
- Proficiency in a Microsoft packages – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Project required
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
All employment offers and resumes are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at BioMarin requests that recruiters are not to contact BioMarin employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with BioMarin.
BioMarin will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of BioMarin.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.