Senior Financial AccountantLocation Dublin, Ireland Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Financial Accountant
Permanent - Dublin
BioMarin is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant with solid experience in applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely results and to ensure appropriate account control procedures. This position will be a key member of a cross-functional, multi-national, accounting team responsible for critical accounting areas, corporate & business accruals and ad hoc reporting. This position will have significant interaction with senior finance management and global accounting teams.
Specifically, we are seeking an individual with the traits listed below:
• Motivated self-starter who is detailed, results and process oriented with a focus on effective and efficient improvements
• Organized individual with the ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining high performance standards
• Superior problem solving and analytical skills and ability to work in a highly visible, deadline oriented position and environment
• Strong communication and people skills, comfortable working with a cross functional and collaborative team and effectively able to deal with all levels of personnel
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to US including account analysis & reconciliation and preparing inputs to month end reports including financial analysis & commentary for a number of international entities
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up & resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
• Liaise with local statutory and tax accountants as required
• Preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with various GAAP requirements
• Reconciliation between US GAAP and local GAAP accounting
• Ensure internal procedures and policies are followed
• Work closely with Finance colleagues both locally and globally, adhering to global deadlines
• Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data
• Ensure accounting compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting principles
• Participate in the decision making, creation, and support of new legal entities
• Review entity profitability on a monthly basis to understand deviations and support Global Transfer Pricing team as required
• Support Senior Manager Accounting on ad hoc projects
• Prepare Board Reporting packs as required for quarterly meetings
• Support with SOX related activities
• Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and queries
• Engage in continuous improvement initiatives to drive system and process improvements for the month end closing cycle
• University degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
• Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, etc.)
• Big four accounting background preferred, with experience of public company clients
• Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience in a global company
• Experience working in biotech or pharma industry very desirable
• Knowledge and experience of preparing accounts under IFRS a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of Oracle a plus
• Proficiency in Word and Excel
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
Heavy interaction with Finance Department management and staff, cost center managers and external auditors. Regular contact with Finance staff in Shanbally, the Netherlands and the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.