Product manager – DiagnosticsLocation Dublin, Ireland
Product manager – Diagnostics
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target illnesses that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few treatment options. BioMarin’s continued focus on advancing therapies that are ‘first and best-in-class’ therapeutics make a meaningful impact. Placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, our mission surrounds a focus on bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
As one of the first to go through the new Priority Medicines (PRIME) regulatory initiative in Europe for a New Gene Therapy Treatment for Hemophilia A, we are now looking to build our Marketing team to support the launch of Valrox in 2020 and are seeking the ‘best in class’ talent to shape this journey, in this business-critical role.
Working to support the EUMEA commercial team, this role is focused on driving pre-launch preparations for our development in this innovative Hemophilia A gene therapy, currently being evaluated in Phase III clinical trials. The position will support the development of BioMarin’s regional market-entry strategy, collaborating cross functionally to help implement regional EUMEA plans.
- Development and implementation of regional diagnostic strategy in close collaboration with scientific affairs colleagues
- Partner with global and regional teams to help understand regional needs across specific stakeholders
- Design and oversee primary and secondary market research projects and advisory boards in collaboration with internal cross-functional teams and management of external vendors
- Analysis and regional insight development from quant market research
- Management of agencies to ensure appropriate localisation of all campaigns and materials
- The role will involve travel to London, across the EUMEA region and to the US as deemed necessary
- Previous background in pharmaceutical/biotech marketing is essential (ideally 5+ years in the industry), along with prior launch experience in hemophilia and/or gene therapy, orphan/rare diseases or specialty markets
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of diagnostics and significant knowledge of the end to end life sciences development process
- Previous experience in project management, implementing local tactics and communicating marketing plans will be expected as a prerequisite of the role
- Confident in managing multiple priorities and expectations as an interface between cross functional teams across regional requirements
- Proactive, adaptable and agile approach with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Higher qualification of MBA or masters preferred
- Any additional language skills would be an advantage