BioMarin leads the biotechnology industry in delivering therapies for chronic and degenerative genetic conditions that reduce patients' quality of life and shorten life spans. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
With a growing organization and dynamic markets, the need for thorough planning and project execution is critical. The Product Launch Manager, provides a single point of contact to bring together cross-functional operations to execute efficient and effective product launches.
Lead the project management of the EUMEA team for fast-paced, product launches
- Define work streams to support the product launch in the EUMEA region
- Actively support the Regional Brand Management lead, and the work stream leads in defining
- Interface regularly with the global team to ensure activities are aligned and supported by global strategy
- Using BioMarin methodology, coordinate launch activities with the work stream leads
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Develop tools and metrics to use across projects for future launches
- Use project knowledge to be strategic in planning launch activities and identifying interdependencies with the support and guidance from the global product launch team/manager
- Develop, maintain, track, and manage a high-quality, integrated project plan to enable accurate reporting and decision making
- Ensure project team members adhere to established project delivery methodology
- Manage the critical path of the project and key project risks
- Prioritize activities effectively across multiple programs to ensure best use of time
- Communicate effectively with team members, senior leaders, and the broader organization
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams, including compiling meeting agendas, minutes and action items
- Identify potential risks and their cross-functional impact, ensuring issues are addressed by work stream owners
- Comfortable challenging assumptions and providing feedback
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience and project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams, and managing processes.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, which enable successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders internally and externally.
- Strong experience supporting, and at times facilitating, project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate business solutions in a complex and fast paced matrix environment.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization with non-co located teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Up to 10% of national/international travel required
- Bachelor's Degree - ideally in life sciences
- Advanced degree in business or project management a plus
Product launch manager will interact will all levels of the organization, and key business partners in other functional areas such as MedAffairs, Market Access, Tech Ops, Regulatory and Clinical Operations. May require partnership / coordination with outside vendors or consultants.