Manager, Global Customer Management (GCM)Location Dublin, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin has a high-performing, team based organisation, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organisational skills.
The GCM Manager will serve as an integral member of the Global Customer Management team who have global revenue responsibilities and will often coordinate cross functional activities as the GCM team is the central point between our customers and our internal departments.
In this exciting newly created role, the GCM manager will be primarily responsible for leading a high-performing and experienced team to accomplish customer management excellence while consistently and proactively looking for areas of improvements through innovation.
- Ensure all Global Customer Management activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization in line with GDP guidelines
- Operate quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Implement and ensure compliance with BioMarin policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure a smooth distribution to our customers
- Develop and analyze internal key performance indicators to measure and improve service provided to customers globally
- Act as a backup for order management when necessary
- Initiate and support improvements to processes, systems and equipment to achieve higher levels of efficiency in coping with business growth.
- Co-ordinate and manage Global Customer Management projects and initiatives
- Lead or participate in cross functional team projects
- Support product launches globally with a customer focus in mind
- Work alongside a busy Commercial Operations team and deal with ad-hoc requests while offering logistical support when necessary.
- Requirement for national and international travels.
- A team player with excellent communication (written and verbal) skills coupled with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Capable to challenge the status quo
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- University degree preferable
- Masters or higher degree preferred
- Process Improvement /LEAN/Six Sigma principles knowledge
- Strong experience of customer service in an international export setting
- Solid experience managing a team
- Languages (English + at least one other language spoken fluently)
- Understanding of general supply chain principles
- Used to work in fast pace environments and under pressure with strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Lead and develop the Global Customer Management team through mentoring, coaching, training and projects
- Set up individual goals and objectives with the GCM team to drive and maintain a high level of performance at all times.
The GCM manager will deal regularly with a variety of departments as the GCM team is in the center of operations activities. The main internal partners are our global GxP team, global supply chain team, order to cash team, and regional as well as global commercial and operations colleagues. This includes communication with Senior management as well as with direct reports. Externally contacts with our commercial partners around the globe are also frequent.
- ERP systems (Oracle preferable)
- MS Office proficiency
- Data visualization tools
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.