Data Manager, Commercial OperationsLocation Dublin, Ireland Apply
Commercial Operations Data Manager
This role has been created to support the growing Commercial Operations department in the EUMEA region. The role is based in the Dublin offices of BioMarin. The Commercial Operations Data Manager will primarily be responsible for building infrastructure for third party data warehousing and developing and implementing internal and external data management policies.
The person that will successfully secure the role will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, and modify third party data management infrastructure to expedite data analysis and reporting.
- Implement policies and guidelines for third party data management.
- Develop standard operating procedures for third party data handling and archiving.
- Provide guidance in identifying and defining Brand specific data requirements.
- Oversee the procurement of third party data, maintain relationships with external partners.
- Act as EUMEA technical lead for data integration, new technology and policy initiatives.
- Maintain internal data asset library.
- Assimilate, organize and distribute 3rd party data analytics.
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all datasets.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A positive, approachable attitude to fill this high paced role. The candidate should be comfortable liaising with all levels within BioMarin, should be able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and purvey the companies ‘can do’ attitude to all tasks.
- The candidate will be comfortable working under close deadlines and will need to understand how to manage priorities. The candidate must be able to manage the expectations of many different departments and levels, must have a strong eye for detail and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ when called upon.
- As this is a newly developed role we are looking for an innovative personality, someone that brings with them new ideas and ways of approaching tasks but can also accept direction and can apply themselves well within a lean yet cohesive team.
- Flexibility will be a key component for the successful applicant; the role has many key functions each with differing priorities at any time. Being able to seamlessly maintain all aspects calmly and effectively will be fundamental to the candidate’s success in the role.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a similar role; commercial / data housing / data management
- Strong experience / existing relationships with data vendors (IQVIA / ADIVO etc)
- Strong English language skills (reading and written)
- Strong computer literacy is essential, particularly across all Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to explain complex concepts and problems in simple terms, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability / experience providing innovative and effective training solutions to medium size groups
- Strong presentation skills and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact at all levels
- Flexibility to adopt and utilise new tools and techniques to improve departmental output
- Experience working in Bio-Technology / Pharmaceutical industry would be advantageous
- Additional language skills would be highly beneficial
- International business experience or willingness to engage with international teams
Internal team, EUMEA-based sales team, EUMEA Marketing Leads, Finance Team, Global Commercial Operations team based in San Rafael, California
Full Time Employee, some requirement for international travel
Note:This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position.It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.