Commercial Operations AnalystLocation Dublin, Ireland Apply
Commercial Operations Analyst
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This Dublin-based role is responsible for coordinating, assimilating and analysing complex and data-rich information sources within the BioMarin Europe Commercial business. The position requires a high degree of proficiency when handling numbers and statistics, the ability to work well under pressure and integrate with a high-functioning and fast paced team. A competent eye for detail and capacity for detailed analysis are also prerequisites for this position.
The person that will successfully secure the role will be responsible for:
Forecasting & Analytics
Supporting the Forecasting and Analytics team in the following areas:
- Gathering forecast and market data from Commercial field-based employees
- Entering tracked data into BioMarin forecast tool
- Performing pre-defined user acceptance testing protocol for forecast scenarios
- Developing/organising data for high level reporting
- Provide ad-hoc sales data to key BioMarin stakeholders
Reporting Suite Maintenance/External data feed control
- Control flow of external data into BioMarin reporting systems (PowerBI) and maintain key PowerBI performance dashboards for Commercial cost centre
- Build and manage Excel control sheets for commercial (marketing) budgets
- Connect and maintain link to PowerBI, recognized subject matter expert
- Responsible for organizing feed of external laboratory data into PowerBI for Diagnostics review
- Coordinate data feeds into PowerBI from external sources
- Attend budget / diagnostics review sessions with relevant stakeholders3rdParty vendor data control
Organise, assimilate and control data requests and agreements from third party environments
- Country-based Patient Support Programme data
- High level market analytics from external vendors
- Develop and own departmental relationship with external vendors
- Coordinate budgets and scope of work with external vendors
The ideal candidate should have:
Strong statistical analysis skills and an eye for detail. Having the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication skills and a “can-do” attitude are all essential skills for success in this position. The role will demand responsibility and dedication from the candidate, who will also need to demonstrate a capacity for flexibility and empathy at all times.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office is essential.
- Relevant educational experience (numerical) is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Experience in using reporting suites like Microsoft PowerBI is preferred.
- Analytical / Reporting experience is preferred.
Internal commercial operations team, medical, supply chain, marketing, finance, market access and global counterparts. External Laboratories, distribution partners and data vending services
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.