Business Operations and Strategy ManagerLocation Dubai, United Arab Emirates Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-foward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Strategic Market Insights and Operations Manager– Intercontinental Region is part of the Intercontinental Regional Commercial Strategy and Operations team. She/he will play a key partnership role, working closely with all Commercial stakeholders such as Field Teams, Regional Marketing, Global Operations and Commercial Partners teams, with special focus on MEA (Middle East and Africa) and Turkey geographies. This role is a critical member of the Regional Commercial Strategy and Operations team serving as a bridge and consolidator between MEA and Turkey with Intercontinental HQ.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive them through to successful completion. She/he has great communication skills, can structure problems, drive hypothesis and work around potential solutions with all stakeholders.
This position’s primary objective will be to help and deliver innovative analytical and strategic recommendations that improve business efficiency and productivity, as well as support business strategic initiatives and goals. This person will utilize analytical skills to facilitate decision making, market understanding and identify relevant insights to enable short- and long-term business objectives.
This role will work closely with the Regional BI & Analytics lead, as well as Global Commercial Systems team, to translate business requirements into technical solution designs for CRM systems, commercial tools and Power BI reports and deploy such solutions. This person drives Data Governance principles with end users such as local field teams and ensures CRM information is clean and up to date making reports trustworthy.
Finally, this position serves as a sounding board and strategic support for Turkey and MEA Commercial leaders aligning with Regional strategic priorities and pillars.
• Leverage strategic and analytical expertise to implement new analysis approaches, methods, tools, and capabilities and instill a discipline around market insights objectives, synthesis, and action.
• Partner with MEA and Turkey Commercial leads to serve as sounding board and strategic support.
• Inspire a data-driven mindset across our MEA and Turkey teams and help stakeholders define clear, impactful business priorities and action plans.
• Develop productive relationships with the Intercontinental Commercial Leaders, Regional Commercial Operations team members, Intercontinental Marketing Leads among others, to help frame key business questions, and design strategic analysis, workplans and budgets.
• Develop an understanding of business processes and priorities to better propose solutions.
• Identify and structure KPIs to measure the performance of the business in MEA and Turkey and work with the BI& Analytics lead to deploy such solutions in CRM and Poer BI.
• Ensure Data Governance principles are followed by local users, for example Field Teams, data is up to date and clean.
• Implement external data analyses projects to provide enhanced insights to business
• Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes that improve efficiency, address process gaps, and enable automation.
• Build relationships with key Commercial business stakeholders across marketing, field, forecasting, and partners to enable smooth execution of the projects
• Develop and manage project timelines.
• Perform ad hoc analytics as needed to support priority projects.
Intercontinental Region: Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Turkey
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent focus on Business Administration, Data Analytics, Finance, or similar
• Masters in Business Administration is a big plus
• 4+ years of experience working in strategy consulting
• Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills are essential
• Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Experience with Sales Force Effectiveness KPIs and principles
• Experience with the following applications and resources desired: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau Desktop (or other visualization tool), Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server BI Suite
• Experience transcribing business requirements, creating project plans with clear specifications and leading implementations
• Experience with data management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proactivity, strong accountability, self-driven and adaptability
.Hybrid presential/remote work arrangement, ability to work with teams in different geographies and adaptability to different time zones
Computer and phone provided by company?
Internal: Marketing, Sales Operations local, Commercial Directors, Global Commercial Operations, Sales teams, Field teams, Partner teams
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.