Senior Manager/Associate Director Field Medical Affairs, Greece and Eastern Europe (contractor) (TEMPORARY)Location Czechia Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This person will be responsible for direct development and management of Medical Affairs programmes, ensuring they are performed with the highest quality and adequate utilization of resources. The geographic scope of this role is in the region comprised by Greece and Eastern Europe (Baltics, Cyprus, Malta, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYROM, Republic of Kosovo)
This individual will interface with local physicians / investigators, regulatory/governmental agencies and internal departments as well as with local partners operating on behalf of Biomarin (Distributor Companies employees).
The incumbent must possess in depth knowledge of BioMarin’s approved products, agents in the pipeline and all associated disease areas and show scientific rigour and curiosity to ensure s/he proactively utilises BioMarin’s internal knowledge-based resources to develop his/her knowledge further.
This position is responsible for providing medical support to the Company’s product strategy and post-marketing commitments, while supporting Medical Affairs strategy related to the Independent Research (IR) programme. The role will also include providing input on marketing programmes and representing BioMarin at scientific and clinical meetings. A close collaboration with the local Country Manager/Area Director is expected.
- The position holder is the key BioMarin Medical Affairs representative for both external and internal customers (thought leaders, scientists, investigators, and other strategic partners) from the region.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the regional MAF strategy in alignment with EUMEA and Global Medical Affairs to meet the local needs (including organisation of Advisory Boards – when needed –, educational meetings, clinical update presentations/site readiness meetings to major treatment centres in the region, promotional/non-promotional material review and sign-off, etc)
- Responsible for the development of a regional Medical Affairs Plan for appropriate products and/or therapeutic areas in harmony with local needs.
- Review of draft IR protocols, reports and manuscripts as well as management of regional IR processes.
- Supports regional clinical registries and promotional activities for BioMarin products in accordance with local regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Helps identify publication opportunities from the region. Promote effective communication between internal and external groups regarding Medical Affairs initiatives.
- Serves as medical and technical resource for clinical issues raised by internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants and other resources.
- Interacts with relevant thought leaders, scientists and strategic partners within the region.
- Present at training courses, sales conferences, regional and international meetings, etc. to develop high level of medical knowledge within the region.
- Medical input and support in the implementation of international documents within the region.
- Attendance at local and regional congresses and scientific meetings.
- Continuous training on relevant local laws and regulations.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with exceptional creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills required.
- Scientific curiosity and rigour
- Personal integrity and patient-centricity
- Business acumen
- MD, MBBS or equivalent
- Strong industry experience.
- Knowledgeable and current in GCP and compliance guidelines in Europe and, particularly, in the region within the scope.
- Demonstrate excellent medical affairs skills and ideally have working knowledge in the therapy area.
- Excellent understanding of the healthcare systems in the region as well as of the cultural difference.
- Willingness to travel approx. 70%
- Will be expected to interact on a daily basis with various members of the regional medical team, regional commercial team, Market Access teamExternally:
- Will be required to interact with, inter alia, KOLs and patient associations.
Will be expected to interact on a daily basis with various members of the regional medical team, regional commercial team, Market Access team
Will be required to interact with, inter alia, KOLs and patient associations.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.