Clinical Sales SpecialistLocation Crows Nest, Australia Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of the launch of an innovative treatment for CLN2, a rare genetic form of epilepsy. The Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) will be responsible for ensuring that all patients who could benefit from this product have access to it. In addition to supporting Paediatric Neurology centres of excellence through the launch, this goal will be achieved by the development and execution of inventive disease education programs to achieve early diagnosis, optimum treatment outcomes and maximise uptake and adherence to treatment.This passionate individual must thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment; drive for results; understand market dynamics; demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking; and be motivated by the desire to improve patients' lives. The ability to see the world through the eyes of various customers and stakeholders and develop deep partnering relationships will be a critical success factor for this role.
- The Clinical Sales Specialist is responsible for maximising sales of BioMarin commercialised Neurology products in Australia, achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including: Paediatric Neurologists, Paediatricians, Neurosurgeons, Paediatric Neurology Nurses, Pharmacists and other specialists.
- Create and implement an effective business plan including objectives, activities, timing and budget and track progress throughout the year.
- Become an expert in the clinical data and promote safe and effective use of BioMarin’s products, in accordance with the approved Product Information and LSDP guidelines to ensure that the benefits and long term value of the product are fully understood
- Implement disease awareness education programs to foster optimum management of CLN2 patients, including working with Medical Affairs on speaker tours and congress booth activities
- Maintain customer database
- Work collaboratively across functional areas to achieve common goals
- Embody BioMarin’s core values
- Exercise sound judgment and adhere to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies
- Travel as required to support customers (approximately 30%); minimal international travel required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5-10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries including 3-5 years of experience in biotech/specialty sales involving high cost products
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Excellent clinical selling skills with proven record of consistent performance as a top performing sales professional
- Strong customer orientation, insight and relationship building skills
- Demonstrates passion for improving rare disease patient care delivery
- Strong organisational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills, including demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others through excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates superb written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team and to network across boundaries
- Neurology-pediatric related experience is a great plus
- Embraces continuous learning/seeks knowledge, embraces and adopts new technologies and techniques
- Flexible, and adaptable to new situations including the potential constraints of a “start-up” commercial organisation
- Highly competent in a variety of IT capabilities to support the business needs, including Microsoft Office software
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.