Tax Manager/ Senior Manager (TEMPORARY)Location Cork, Ireland Apply
Tax Manager/ Senior Manager - Dublin or Cork
12 Month Contract
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The taxteam is seeking a highly talented and motivated Tax Manager/Senior Manager to support the direct tax compliance and provisioning process for up to 30 entities in the EMEA region
The ideal candidate will have previous corporate tax experience in a multinational/Big 4 environment who is looking to get broader experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managequarterly and yearly current and deferred tax provisions for group reportingunder US GAAP and annual statutory disclosures under IFRS for multiple group companies. This would include the preparation and review of workings,working with the EMEA and GlobalTax and Finance teamsas well as dealing with financial auditors and local advisors as required.
- Partner with the widerFinance teams on thestatutory account preparation process
- Work with and manage external service providers as required in order to meet our corporate tax and withholding tax compliance and payment obligations across each jurisdiction with the assistance of the Senior Tax Analyst
- Manage the R&D tax credit process including preparing calculations, identifying and working with the appropriate internal teams and liaising with external advisors
- Ensure accurate preparation and completion of templates for tax payments, journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Work closely with the Treasury team to ensure appropriate funding and hedging in place for upcoming tax payments as well as working with the team on proposed investment strategies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external tax advisors and local tax authorities
- Work closely with Legal, Finance and the wider business to provide commercially focused and actionable guidance, advice and support ontax related matters
- Assist the EMEA and Global Tax Teams with tax projects such as tax system implementation/automation and the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the Tax Director and Global Tax team on tax planning strategies and opportunities
- Keep up to date with legislative developments and ensuring the implications of all legislative changes are addressed appropriately
- Support and managetax audits/enquiries as they arise
- Prepare and present tax training to the business as required
- This role will also incorporate some other tasks in the tax department such as preparing and maintaining process documentation, maintaining compliance and risk trackers and supplier engagement and fee management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Irish Tax Institute qualified/Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Minimum 6 years Corporate Tax experience, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Proficient on Microsoft office especially Outlook/Excel/Word/Power BI etc.
- ERP experience, ideally Oracle/SAP
- Experience with data analytics tools/tax software an advantage
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills & initiative with the ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Able to work well as part of a team and influence cross functional groups as well as proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- Experience in managing and mentoring
- Ability to embrace change and be flexible to changing business needs
- Self-motivated and results orientated strategic thinker with solid business understanding
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills