Supply Chain PlannerLocation Cork, Ireland
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Supply Chain Planner role is a critical role within the Planning and Logistics department. This role has accountability for converting the consensus demand forecast into supply plans which result in satisfactory CMO and Distribution Center inventories while minimizing inventory costs and which incorporate effective contingencies for appropriate risks and initiatives.
This role has responsibility for ensuring that the planning and execution of manufacturing, filling and packaging operations, both internally and at external contract organizations, meet the production requirements while meeting timing and inventory targets. The Supply Chain Planner must ensure that compliant product is available to the market, at a minimum this will encompass assessing regulatory requirements that differ across markets. This role includes all related supply chain activities including planning parameters upkeep and data maintenance, inventory modeling, data analysis etc.
The Supply Chain Planner will be required to support/drive process and system improvement projects in line with business needs.
Key interfaces include:
· Demand planning
· Master Scheduling in internal plants and CMOs
· Commercial Operations
· Enterprise Master Data Management
· CMC team members, including Regulatory
We are a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. Excellent operational skills together with a high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements.
· Conversion of the demand plan to a production plan to support the Global S&OP process, which is driven by market priority volumes, lead times and inventory targets
· Timely publication of the production plan to internal manufacturing/packaging operations and external CMOs
· Act as Single Point of Contact to Master Schedulers
· Active participation in the Global S&OP process and leadership in discussions on specific products.
· Conduct scenario planning and develop recommendations for contingency plans for potential changes and risks to the supply network.
· Lead weekly product meetings to monitor supply plan adherence to ensure to meet market replenishment needs.
· Ensure that actual inventory is aligned to the target inventory position with effective use of safety stock
· Conduct RCCP and constraint based planning, highlighting risks, developing options and proposing solutions to global stakeholders
· Actively work to resolve Supply and Demand gaps. Identify long term supply constraints such as regulatory constraints which may result in out of stock product and develop contingency plans for same
· Act as Single Point of Contact to support launches for new product, new markets or both
· Ensures planning parameters, assumptions and metrics are accurately maintained in line with business processes and in a timely manner
Quantify the scope or impact of the job in terms of revenue, expenses, capital investment, headcount, etc.
The work product from the Supply Chain Planner supports product revenue and other programs executed in the network. It is a major driver for manufacturing and inventory costs and impacts the operational and transportation costs of external operations.
The specific scope includes;
· Day to day supply planning
· Lead and/or support projects and initiatives as required.
· Support successful launch and ongoing revenue generation for all products within the remit of the global Supply Chain team
The Supply Chain Planner is an individual contributor role. This crucial role is a member of the wider BioMarin Supply Chain community and participates in network initiatives and efforts, and plays an important role in delivering Supply Chain transformational and strategic objectives.
· Bachelors in Supply Chain Management or business related area required
· APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred
· Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques are desirable
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required
· Formal Oracle training is desirable
· Minimum 5 years direct experience in a Supply Planning role
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing organization
· Experience in ERP systems required, Oracle experience is highly desirable
· Knowledge and experience of data gathering, data analysis including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs.
· Strong communication skills (oral, written, formal), with a proven ability to understand key role concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
· Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
· Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
· Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
· Proficiency in working effectively in a fast paced, complex, dynamic and global business
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.