Sr Manager / Associate Director, Strategic Network & CapitalLocation Cork, Ireland Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director is a full-time member of the Strategic Network & Capital team with accountability for leading strategic network analysis projects and feasibility options evaluation and supporting other strategic initiatives with functions in BioMarin and throughout TOPS.
This role works with a cross-functional teams and includes treasury, legal, BD, site material operations leaders, contract manufacturing and product supply chain owners/partner team leaders, research and development, process sciences and capital projects and site engineering as well as external partners to:
- Support senior management in the formulation and implementation of BioMarin's operations, facilities, and capital strategies. Execute strategy business processes that include: overall strategic planning, make vs. buy decisions, site selection, network risk management and high level feasibility evaluations and translate business strategies into long term strategic capital long range plan.
- Analyze business opportunities and challenges within the TOPS organization. Provide financial and strategic analyses of decision options and make recommendations to senior management.
- Lead project teams and influence overall strategic thinking. Proactively manage teams and work with stakeholders to define and implement strategic initiatives; Responsible for successful, on-time project completion and achieved results. Do an excellent job of partnering with stakeholders to prepare and present analyses, decisions and recommendations to senior management.
- Translate the operations strategy into sound delivery options. Responsible for performing options analysis and developing high level feasibility project plans. As necessary create turn over documentation and assure smooth transition from planning to project implementation.
- Stay current in external trends and best practices.
Desired Skills & Expectations:
- 8-10 years work experience in pharmaceutical /biopharmaceutical; 2-5 years in decision support roles.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively with customers, peers, and senior management. Strong influence and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with others in a proactive, positive, and constructive manner.
- Excellent communications skills: Oral, written and formal presentation skills with senior management, middle management and line staff with aptitude for creating presentations, graphs and charts to concisely convey relevant data, trends, etc.
- Agility in coordinating with teams virtually across multiple international geographic locations.
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to exercise high levels of resourcefulness in seeking information
- Strategic agility and strong attention to detail and execution
- Comfortable and effective working indirectly through others
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to translate developed business strategy into tangible implementation options.
- Chemical/Biological engineering / science or background and direct experience in manufacturing and international experience preferred.
- Ability to work with little supervision: meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations, and effectively communicate updates.
- Demonstrated self-motivator and proactive in managing long-term or on-going projects in balance with daily routine.
- Ability to manage and handle sensitive financial information relating to project cost reports, facilities planning, etc.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, fast moving priorities.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Science, Business, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred (particularly MBA). Other advanced degree with strong focus on operations, supply chain, finance, quantitative methods, or operations research.
- Other continuing education initiatives is highly desirable (e.g. People Management, Leadership Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, industry specific coursework)
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.