Senior Supply Chain Planning SpecialistLocation Cork, Ireland Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
Senior Supply Chain Planning Specialist - Shanbally, Cork
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists, Supply Chain professionals and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
The Senior Supply Chain Planning Specialist, Global Planning is responsible for converting Product Demand into feasible Production Plans across the S & OP horizon, which provides optimal inventories at each of BioMarin’s Sites and Distribution locations, while managing risks and mitigations. This role is key in the execution of the monthly Sales & Operations Cycle and has responsibility for the consolidation, communication and reporting of the Commercial Product Supply Plans with particular focus on Volume plans. This role also supports to improve the processes, systems, tools and capabilities within the organization pertaining to the Global Planning Team.
This person will work independently with minimal supervision performing key supply chain management activities for Commercial and Clinical products including E2E planning parameter management and maintenance, master data accountability, inventory modeling, data analysis and scenario planning.
The Senior Supply Chain Planning Specialist will assist in the identification of gaps and inefficiencies, and will assist in cross functional process improvement initiatives and project teams as necessary to support the overall business goals.
This crucial role is also a member of the both the wider site and global BioMarin supply chain community and participates in network initiatives and efforts, including improving governance, and delivering supply chain strategic objectives.
Finance Operations, Commercial Operations, Product Supply Chain Management (PSCM), Supply Operational & Network Strategy, Clinical Supply Planning, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Operations, Global External Operations (GEO) and Global Planning.
- Fluent execution of the Global Planning processes to ensure a feasible Production/Volume Plan for specified Commercial products which have a high degree of complexity using ASCP, EBS, OBIEE and PowerBI.
- Partner with Demand Planning to ensure availability of an aligned Demand Plan for downstream Supply Chain Planning activities for specified products.
- Drive root cause analysis and lead resolution management of Supply Risks
- Manage FG & DP Product Safety Stock and implementing Inventory Strategies for specified products using Advanced Reporting Systems (PPV, IPP, PMOS, Metrics), , while minimizing E&O
- Manage and maintain E2E Planning Parameters, Business Rules and Master Data to a high level of accuracy
- Leading role with PSCM team in preparing and presenting Planning Scenarios as necessary with quick turn-around, high accuracy, well vetted and documented assumptions, and that are readily supportable by the team.
- Support and improve key performance metrics related to Supply Chain and S&OP effectiveness and track progress of improvement initiatives.
- Ensure the continuous development and optimization of the Global Planning processes. Support technology solutions that can enhance current and future Supply Planning requirements.
- Work with key stakeholders in Global Supply Chain, Finance, Commercial Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (Internal & External) to support BioMarin’s Strategic and Operational objectives.
- ERP Subject Matter Expert for Problem Solving & System Development
- BS/B.Sc., preferably in Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Minimum 4 years’ practical leadership experience of Sales & Operation Planning, Demand Management, Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Data Analytics or other Business related functions.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferably in biopharma, in a complex, virtual, Commercial/Clinical Supply Chain Environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple projects.
- Subject-matter expertise in ERP systems, preferably Oracle and/or SAP.
- Ability to understand and escalate the impact of unique issues from an E2E and functional perspective including Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing, Finance, Operations to assess best options
- Business process thinker that drives for continuous improvement of business process to achieve product strategies.
- Demonstrated, deep understanding of end-to-end global supply chain processes.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work in a global, matrix organization.
- Strong analytical, organization, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to operational as executive levels.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to distil key decisions from complex data and environment and effectively articulate issues such that they resonate with senior management.
- Can accommodate required international travel.
- In Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Qualification APICS certification desirable.
- .Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.