Packaging Technician – Shift LeadLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin has a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Shift Lead reports to thePackaging Team Lead. The shift lead is an on-line role where all packaging technician tasks are within the remit of the role. In addition the Shift Lead is responsible for the daily management, co-ordination and prioritisation of the workload within Packaging. The Shift Lead will be the primary point of contact for day to day activities within the area. The main areas of responsibility of this role, in addition to the role of a Packaging Technician, are as follows:
- Shift Lead will be responsible for managing, co-ordinating and prioritising the workload on the shift and ensuring tasks are completed as per the relevant schedule to ensure consistent delivery of results and maintenance of plan.
- All packaging technician tasks are within the remit of the role.
- Primary point of contact (POC) on the team for all internal and external requests.
- First Line troubleshooting for any issues on the floor including Quality, Scheduling, Warehouse, Equipment.
- Responsible for escalation of potential batch related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate events/deviations/investigations are raised, assigned, investigated and closed out in a timely manner to match batch release timelines.
- Strong understanding of basic cGMP expectations; set a good example and act as a role model in observance of cGMP policies and compliance in the packaging team.
- Champion a compliant work environment.
- Responsible for ensuring key metrics are adhered to (e.g Weekly adherence to schedule & Changeover performance metrics)
- Responsible for Audit Readiness within Shift.
- Contribute to the inspection readiness team and represent packaging in regulatory inspections.
- Communication and Collaboration with cross functional departments such as Warehouse, Quality and Scheduling.
- Lead and implement initiatives that add value to Packaging and site operational excellence e.g. Standard Work, 5S, RCARs
- Organizational skills to contribute to department and cross-functional projects
- Applicants should have demonstrated leadership skills in their current role in BMRN through day to day activities, meetings, projects, handovers etc. Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.