Manufacturing Compliance Specialist (TEMPORARY)Location Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin are a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
The Manufacturing Compliance specialist will support the Manufacturing Compliance Lead in the support of GMP compliance within the manufacturing department.
The initial focus of the group is to set-up an internal compliance programme encompassing self-inspection, management of executed documents (Batch records, logbooks and SOP’s) and defining metrics and reporting systems for highlighting issues and an escalation process for same.
In addition the role will include the investigation and co-ordination of deviations, CAPA’s, change controls and procedural updates and the overall tracking and reporting of their status. An expertise in Trackwise is essential.
The Manufacturing Compliance Specialist will co-ordinate and organise product change-over activities, and support the general GMP needs of the manufacturing floor staff by being an available GMP resource during shift changes and staff meetings. This position involves interaction with cross-functional departments and a close relationship with Quality.
Key factors in the function of this position are flexibility, good organization, having excellent time management, solid tracking and follow up, and being self motivated to make continual progress with minimal supervision and no need for reminders.
- Support the internal Compliance Programme within the manufacturing department.
- Self-Inspection Programme
- Management of GMP Records
- Tracking and Reporting Systems
- Escalation process
- Full understanding of basic cGMP expectations; set a good example in observance of cGMP policies.
- Interact with the Manufacturing floor staff regularly to answer questions related to GMPs and help champion a compliant work environment with a Continuous Improvement Focus
- Lead and Participate in Self-inspections and Compliance walk-throughs of manufacturing.
- Report on the timeliness of compliance to set timelines on Deviations, Quality Events, Material Incidents, CAPAs, and Effectiveness Checks in Trackwise
- Managing Change Requests (CRs)
- Work with Manufacturing staff and QA Change Control to contribute to comprehensive implementation plans for CRs
- Product Change-Over
- Work with Manufacturing leadership and staff to coordinate and organize product change-over activities and recommend future improvements.
- Acquire fundamental knowledge of technical aspects of Media/Buffer Prep, Cell Culture and Purification operations
- Comply with cGMP Documentation & Operations
- Compliance with safety guidelines
- Experience in a GMP regulated environment, with exhibited knowledge or proficiency in a compliance or quality role.
- Experience leading and implementing projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and teams with no direct reporting lines.
- Ability to speak, present data, and defend approaches in front of a variety of audiences.
- Organizational skills to contribute to department and cross-functional projects
- Familiarity with FDA & European GMP’s and regulatory requirements, guidelines, and recommendations.
- Strong proficiency with Trackwise.
- Technical writing must be at a high level with proficient spelling, grammar, and typing skills preferred.
Proficiency with standard office software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point. Experience and proficiency with other applications.
BA or BS in a technical discipline (physical or biological sciences preferred but not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.