Logistics Excellence LeadLocation Cork, Ireland
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Logistics Excellence Lead- as part of the Global Logistics Team, has a critical role in supporting the Logistics Team in delivering innovative and sustainable supply chain solutions that will enhance and improve overall service delivery to our patients.
The Global Logistics team is responsible for managing the commercial order/demand process from forecast through to delivery including Drug substance, Drug Product and Finished goods. This position supports the distribution of Biomarin Pharmaceutical products to and from third party manufacturing, packaging and distribution facilities globally.
- Serve as subject matter expert for shipping execution within Oracle OTC
- Understand how the Oracle solution has been designed and implemented at BioMarin.
- Identify and design Oracle enhancements in the areas of Logistics and Shipping working closely with IT teams and business
- Act as an information conduit between the business and IT organization. Provide feedback to The IT organisation on how the system is being used as well as issues and training needs.
- Ensure transfer of Oracle skills to existing Logistics Team
- Testing design and execution
- Facilitate the gathering of functional requirements.
- Process design and documentation.
- End-user functional support
- Develop and execute project plans and manage appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage day to day aspects of projects and ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Define project charter, scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project expectations and schedule to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Develop Operational Logistics, identifying and maintain sustainable and efficient processes to ensure on-time delivery with no interruption to supply of cold chain/ temperature-controlled products to our customers from all logistics aspects: Transportation, Warehouse/Distribution & Inventory.
- Identify and deliver opportunities for process improvement in line with good business practice.
- Complete option evaluations and recommendations on key solution design decisions.
- Lead the documentation of the solutions.
- Design and Delivery of short training sessions and education of users.
- Lead solution demonstrations and workshops.
- Functional gap analysis.
- Participate in developing the business rationale to provide a concrete solution recommendation.
- Work closely with Global Cross-Functional teams within the Logistics and IT Communities.
- Develop the profile of the Logistics function on site with internal and external stakeholders based at BioMarin Shanbally, BioMarin Novato, associated Contract Manufacturing Organizations’ (CMO’s) and other 3PL service providers.
- Liaise with other Supply Chain departments to monitor and maintain commercial inventory levels within target.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Must be a team player with strong collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Must have good organisational and project management skills
- Must have the ability to relate challenges and capabilities to technical teams and to interpret for operational teams
- Focus on process analysis with an understanding of technical constraints and the relationship to the business environment.
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical resources and to communicate technical information to non-technical resources.
- 5 +years of experience in Oracle Architect/super user role
- Experience of working on Global Oracle implementations
- 5 + years of experience in Logistics/Supply chain environment
- Expert /Architect knowledge in Oracle Logistics and Distribution modules.
- End to end business process design and analysis.
- Experience of on the job coaching and training to end-users in Oracle.
- Experience of using modules in a business environment (rather than purely technical experience).
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience
This position will have an active role in supporting and developing the BIL Logistics capabilities in Oracle and Logistics Excellence through close collaboration with the IM teams, the Logistics teams and cross functionally with other stakeholders including Global customer Management team, Global Logistics, GXP compliance, Order to Cash, Finance and Quality. This position will also contribute to the Global logistics growth and maturity models.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of an Honors’ Degree (NFQ level 8) in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline essential. Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS. Project Management Certification is desirable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Describe the work environment characteristics that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Oracle Access to UAT, and Production environments
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Project, Power BI ).
- Computer and peripherals
Interacts with all levels of the following departments:
- Global Logistics
- Global Trade
- Quality Assurance
- CMO Operations
- Information Management
- Global Customer Management Teams
- This position will not have direct reports but will work as part of the Logistics Team and wider Global Logistics team.
- Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.