Global Logistics PlannerLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Logistics Planner is responsible for managing intercompany drug substance and drug product moves and for finished goods order placement through to final delivery. This position supports the planning and distribution of BioMarin Pharmaceutical products to and from third party manufacturing, packaging, and distribution facilities globally.
In executing these shipments, the Global Logistics Planner will be required to demonstrate Good Distribution Practices, export/import compliance, distribution centre management, and transportation management activities globally.
The planner will lead and execute logistics activities and will serve as a liaison between various internal and external partners to ensure the timely planning and delivery of orders. Additionally, the Global Logistics Planner will participate in the process analysis and continuous improvement activities.
Note that individual responsibilities may include all or part of responsibilities defined below depending on individual experience and abilities, and may change to best support on‑going business needs.
- Manage customer demand in conjunction with Customer Service with the objective of ensuring 100% order fulfilment while working to tight timelines.
- Coordinate the efficient, on-time and compliant movement of temperature controlled freight to meet internal and external requirements through carrier management, SOP development and route and SOP adherence.
- Develop and adhere to standardized distribution practices and protocols, and related requirements for 3PL partners, carriers, and contract manufacturing organisations.
- Responsible for managing carrier SOPs and 3PL work instructions and autonomously manage partner performance.
- In conjunction with internal partners, plan and execute expedient and efficient processing of shipping requests and customer demands for finished drug product.
- Plan and execute shipping and delivery between contract manufacturing operations, packaging sites and customers.
- Establish and maintain transparent transport planning schedule with proactive tracking of deliveries.
- Manage transport temperature monitoring data collection and deviation management Recommend and implement corrective actions for problems encountered in Logistics Operations including inventory management, shipping, cold chain distribution, and billing.
- Work with Global Trade Compliance to maintain appropriate documentation to support accurate reporting to government customs agencies.
- Work with Distribution Compliance to ensure that products are distributed per GDP guidelines.
- Proper management of logistics for drug product and intermediates is essential for reducing supply chain risk and maintaining cost effective supply chain management. This work is critical to minimising product loss due to the extreme temperature sensitivity of BioMarin products.
- Manage finished goods inventory of very high value. Correct inventory management is critical to ensure that accurate cost information is captured from inventory shrinkage/damage/loss.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other support personnel.
- Team contributor with global focus both internally and externally. Interacts with peers, senior management, department heads, and divisional heads. Maintains an external network in field of expertise. Demonstrates integrity and firm commitment to company beliefs and values.
- Will lead or support Supply Chain Projects as required.
- Bachelors in Supply Chain management, Logistics, Operations Management or business related discipline required
- Biotech and/or Pharma Supply Chain experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project software required
- Proficient in Operational Excellence, Lean Process development, Six Sigma tools and techniques is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years direct international logistics experience including emerging markets
- Broad experience in working with freight forwarders, air/inland carriers, warehouse personnel and internal departments including QA, Regulatory, Technical Operations, etc.
- Creation of commercial invoices, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction, and other international shipping documentation required including an understanding of letters of credit
- Pharmaceutical/biotech distribution experience including current GDP/GMP/GCP regulations and Customs/FDA import procedures beneficial
- Cold Chain experience required.
- Training in ERP systems, Oracle highly desirable.
- Must be flexible and be able to deal with changing priorities without losing sight of the overall business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills working within an environment of constant change
- No direct reports
- Achieving Excellence
- Courage / Challenge
- Develop Self & Others
- Technical Knowledge & Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Inventory Management
- IT Applications
- Problem Solving
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive, or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.